onsdag 8 maj 2013

Exercise Choosing Content

Notes
A bitter middle aged man, almost obsessed his job and cases, divorced or never married, alone and empty.

Man wearing some sort of suit or higher officers uniform, possibly a hat, muted colours, a tie, buttoned up suit jacket, sharply shinned shoes.

A large bulky dark wooded desk with draws either side, minimal items on the desk - phone, papers, pen, cup and possible some personally items like a wallet, lighter, cigarettes.

Images

The back lit effect on the middle right image is exactly what I had in mind, view from the window of a destructed London, uniformed men as reference for clothing, the general muted browns from the coloured black and white photos on the top and bottom right side.

Texture Brainstorming



My chosen descriptive word for the image was Destruction.
My aim is to be combining these sort textures and variations of colours with the above references to light, scenery and objects.


Initial sketches, I really wanted to put focus on light and wanted to see where best to put highlights, this first sketch has a closer effect to what I was aiming for than any of the other sketches and even the finished piece. 


I continued exploring the image and focused on the view from the window, again trying to put the focus on the shift of light. The image below is marked off with a water based ink pen that I washed over with water, again this initial sketching shows the light much better.



I felt pastels might help show light by having the ability to overlay light and white over dark/black. 
I explored this further on the image below using a brown paper, I did aim for this to be my finished piece, the results were far from what I expected to achieve. The only plus from this is the background showing some shifting light and the level of darkness on the figure. 


I decided to move on and do a digital image, I felt the editing abilities were prove useful. I used the below figure as reference and ended up with a the bottom image.



I managed to create the depth of light and dark I wanted but I feel I lost some interest in the picture when you compare it to the initial drawings, they had much more personality and vibrancy in the marks, more dynamic. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar