måndag 13 maj 2013

Assignment 2 Point of Sale Display

I started with a google search for autumn vegetables and thought a pumpkin would be a good one to draw.
My biggest challenge here was going to be ending up with a finished illustration that looked appetizing.


I drew up a pumpkin, I felt it was a good vegetable to start with. 



I ended up sketching radish, carrots, pepper, pumpkin, sweetcorn, tomato and spring onion. 


I really wanted to explore mixed media, digital and traditional so I used watercolour and blocked out the shapes of the vegetables with the aim of layering the two.


Some came out better than others, I tidied up some of them more and tried to create a composition using a group of vegetables together.


I accidently wrote spring instead of summer, the arrangement itself didn't feel balanced and the radish stood out both in style and colour. Less is more in some cases and I felt a single object would be the best way to go.

Looking at the Autumn vegetable composition the sweetcorn gave the best impression so I chose that as my single object to focus on.



I mocked up what would be a sign and even suitable for labels and other promotions. 
There is a nice balance in colours and proportions to elements within the design although I do see now the Sweetcorn could have been around 10-20% smaller. Other than that I feel they complete. 





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar