måndag 6 maj 2013

Exercise Black and White

I brainstormed some ideas, mainly around the word sea, something about the idea of waves attracted me to this. 


I also fancied the idea of migrating birds somehow, either migrating over the sea or something resting after a long journey.


I tried a person going on a journey, a shipwreck at the end of an extraordinary adventure, migrating cranes and swallows sat on telephone wires (journey and possibly introducing some houses for the building word).

I took the migrating birds over the sea as my first idea to take to the next level, I done my line drawing and printed both black and white version. When I started cutting I soon realised the pieces of the drawing were too small so I went back to the drawing board. 


I sketched the above out on paper and tested to add some black to try and get an idea of what could be done, I liked this and the pieces would end up much bigger than my bird idea. 


I digitally sketched out my idea and inverted to black and white to test out how it might be.


I ended up with this line drawing which I printed out. 


And the finished piece.

The focus of the picture has most definitely changed, it's much more on the light it's origin, hopefully the light reflection of the shipwrecked boat is enough. Possibly more reflective light would have been needed on the right side of the boat. The line drawing doesn't show any clear point of focus and shows no sense of light and dark or the fact that it's night time and a light house is shining. 






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar